Some serious health concerns!
Yes, being underweight is a health risk.
- The Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health in 2014 places underweight people on almost the same level of risk of death as the overweight
- It could be a sign of mental or emotional disorder like depression or anorexia nervosa which is no good news to your health either.
- Your immunity will certainly be lesser if you are underweight and no one likes the idea of being more likely to get infections.
- Under weightiness is one of the major causes of bone loss, so now you know why these people are prone to conditions like osteoporosis, anaemia, and heart malfunctions.
- Ladies, you may stop having your periods because when you have less than required body fat, your system will have to stop some body functions to conserve fat.
Some Quick Remedies
You may be slim but not underweight, it's always a good idea to confirm first. Check your BMI, if it is less than 18.5, you are not just slim, you are underweight and you need to do something about it.
- If your weight problems stem from a poor diet, by all means start working on a calories build-up. A high-caloric and healthy fat diet is certainly the way to go. Consider meals like oats, chocolate or full-fat milk, nuts and peanut butter, avocados, and cheese.
- If you can stick to a regular healthy snacking schedule, you will be on your way to recovery faster than you can imagine. The national health system recommends a minimum of three main meals and three snacks a day for the underweight.
- Add a healthy portion of dark chocolate to your everyday diet. You will not only put in some weight, you will also reduce heart disease risk by one-third and boost your mood a great deal. You can order chocolates online and to enjoy best tasting chocolate of healthy dark chocolates from reputable companies like chocolak.com, and you won’t have to worry about other filler and additive loaded brands.
- Treat yourself occasionally; it’s healthy. So when the crave for milk chocolate, pizza, cheese burger, fries, chocolate cookies or cream cake comes knocking you will know exactly how to handle it.
Where are we getting at?
Get chocolaty because with it comes every benefit from health to mood boosting. However, because we care about your nutrition, here’s how you will have your chocolate to pump in some extra pounds and keep to the healthy side.
- Have it pure, not in versions of chocolate cookies or cakes. This way you will be counting every benefit that comes with chocolate alone and not unhealthy fat or unnecessary calories.
- Chocolate it a treat and so it shall be. Never substitute fruits, veggies, or a balanced meal with it.
- Dark chocolate is obviously healthier than milk chocolate however, when your taste buds don’t feel like the bitterness in them, go for milk chocolate or your favourite but with controls.
- Bite by bite when the craving strikes is usually better than a fully stocked cupboard of chocolates! You are curbing your craving not having it all the way. buy chocolates online as and when needed, is the rule of thumb or gift valentines day chocolates for special person in your life. Thinking about calories, have a limit of 0.5 – 1 Oz of chocolate each time you are having it. You will get the full benefit without overindulging.
Here is what you didn’t know about chocolate
Chocolate is more effective than Codeine in eliminating coughs
White chocolate contains no cocoa solids or liquor hence it’s not really chocolate
Chocolate scent increases theta brain waves inducing relaxation
Chocolate contains trace elements, vitamins and nutrients such as magnesium, copper, polyphenols and is quite nutritious.
There you have it. You are allowed to be a chocoholic, not the bad way though. Battling with underweight or you know someone who is; gift them with a special chocolate treat from Chocolak.com. Order chocolates online and have them delivered to your doorstep.
Visit https://www.chocolak.com/collections/bars to place your order.